Current clients of the MyBirth doulas will receive a 10% discount on all classes!
All classes meet in our comfortable private office, conveniently located off of I-195/Downtown Expressway. Our classes are limited to a maximum of six couples in order to insure your experiencing an in-depth and personal childbirth education experience.
Spring Into Birth
- This spring, prepare for your upcoming birth with a special combination of childbirth education and prenatal yoga, all taught in our comfortable and convenient Scott's Addition studio.
- The best of MyBirth's prenatal offerings. You get the full 12 hour childbirth prep My Birth Class and 6 My Mama Yoga classes. Choose any month from April-August to attend the My Birth Class. My Mama Yoga is offered on Monday evenings at 7:15pm weekly. Get the education and strength to prepare you for birth. Don't miss out on this super discount - only available through June 21!
- Spring Into Birth offers a savings of more than 10%. The cost is $300 for My Birth Class and 6 My Mama Yoga classes. Cannot be combined with any other discounts.
My Birth Class
- Four week series, three hours each class, totaling 12 hours
- A doula's guide to empowered, supported, evidence based birth practices, our original curriculum was created by the doulas of MyBirth and reflects our 20+ years of combined childbirth experience. With the MyBirth childbirth education class, you will gain a thorough understanding of the mechanics of birth, comfort measures for pregnancy and labor, how to remain active and be your own advocate, breastfeeding basics, what to expect postpartum, and adjusting to life with a new baby.
- Though geared towards achieving an unmedicated birth, we will also thoroughly cover common interventions/medications, family-centered cesareans, and how to be flexible when confronted with a new direction in your birth's trajectory.
- Class One: Your birth goals, nutrition and health, how our babies grow, how our bodies open, the stages of labor
- Class Two: Comfort measures for labor, helpful tips for laboring at home and in the hospital
- Class Three: Common interventions/procedures in pregnancy and birth, finding flexibility in birth, labor with an epidural, and family centered cesareans
- Class Four: Life with your newborn, feeding your baby, the physical and mental recovery after birth
- A fun, interactive class with multiple approaches to learning. We pride ourselves on engaging our students and insuring that the information is interesting, accessible, and easy to remember.
- Approach your birth with calm and confidence.
- Educational materials provided.
- $250 per couple
- Wednesdays, in April from 6-9pm
- Accelerated Series in May - Tuesdays and Thursdays, May 2, 4, 9 & 11 from 6-9pm
- Saturdays, in June from 1-4pm
- Wednesdays, in July from 6-9pm
- Accelerated Series in August - Tuesdays and Thursdays, August 1, 3, 8, 10 from 6-9pm
My Breastfeeding Class
- One day, three hour class
- A doula's guide to breastfeeding success. Taught by Melissa Yeager, a doula and CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator, this course was designed with the doulas of MyBirth to help avoid the "booby traps" of breastfeeding, with a large focus on the first three days, three weeks, and three months of nursing.
- The class will cover: mechanics of nursing and milk transfer, how to prepare for breastfeeding, getting a good start, steps to a good latch, how to protect against interruption/interference, breastfeeding booby traps, realities of breastfeeding, common problems, the benefits of nursing.
- Educational materials provided.
- $60 per couple
- Offered the first Saturday of each month from 9am-12pm
My Nutrition for Pregnancy, My Nutrition for Postpartum and Breastfeeding
- Two seperate classes, each class is three hours. Can be taken individually or together.
- Designed with a certified nutritionist, Sara Fields of Shine Wellness, with consultation from doctors, midwives, and lactation specialists.
- Focuses on holistic health and the prevention of illness while supporting a healthy pregnancy. Classes will cover nutrition during conception, pregnancy, postpartum, and your time breastfeeding. Learn which foods, nutrients, minerals, and supplements will best nourish your body and your baby. Get recipes, try yummy foods, learn about meal planning, and how to treat and prevent specific conditions through nutritious eating.
- We've partnered with Relay Foods of Richmond to provide resources and information on smart, healthy food shopping and maximizing your budget.
- Educational materials provided.
- $60 per couple per class. Choose to do one or both classes.
The Women’s Hospital and MyBirth present ‘Birth After Cesarean’
Have you had a cesarean birth? Would you like to learn more about your options for your next birth? Are you interested in learning about Vaginal Birth after Cesarean (VBAC) and Family Centered Cesareans? The Women’s Hospital supports your birth vision. Our team of physicians and midwives are experts in supporting women as they explore the safest options for birth after cesarean.
- Did you know that the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) says that, “VBAC is a safe and reasonable option” for most women with one previous c-section, and for some women with two previous low-transverse cesarean incisions, women carrying twins, and women with an unknown type of uterine scar. ACOG Practice Bulletin #115, "Vaginal Birth after Previous Cesarean Delivery"
- Birth After Cesarean is a one day, three hour class for families birthing at The Women’s Hospital @ Henrico Doctors' or any other hospital in the greater Richmond, VA area
- VBAC: Vaginal Birth After Cesarean - RCS: Repeat Cesarean Section
- Birth After Cesarean covers:
- The risks and benefits of VBAC and RCS
- Family Centered Cesarean
- Effective communication with your care team
- Individualized preparation for your upcoming birth
- Using the most current research, evidence, and recommendations of top U.S. medical organizations, Birth After Cesarean shares the FACTS about your safe birth options, and addresses the commons myths and misconceptions surrounding VBAC and RCS.
- Gain practical knowledge about maximizing your chance for a successful VBAC at The Women’s Hospital @ Henrico Doctors’, as well as other Richmond hospitals and birth centers.
- Taught by Emily Bruno, VBAC mom, Certified toLabor Doula.
- All educational materials provided.
- $60 per couple (The expectant parent is encouraged to attend with the support person of their choice, including their birth partner, family member, or doula)
- Early registration is strongly recommended. Classes are held monthly.
- Class occurs the first Wednesday of every month
CLICK HERE for enrollment on the Henrico Doctors' Hospital website
MyBirth Low Intervention Birth Preparation at Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- Explore your options for low intervention birth at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital!
- Designed to supplement the HDH "Labor Basics" class, or serve as a childbirth education refresher. This is not a complete/full childbirth education series.
- What is a “low intervention” birth? What are your birth options at Henrico Doctors'?
- MyBirth Low Intervention Birth Prep includes:
- The stages of labor
- How to navigate labor at home and in the hospital
- Comfort measures for labor
- Pain relief options
- An introduction to local childbirth and parenting resources
- Personal L&D tour with hands-on demonstrations of how to use your birth room during labor.
- Also included:
- Free gift for use in labor
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Spacious and comfortable classroom
- Easy, free parking
- Opportunity to meet the midwives of Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- $100 per couple
- 2017 Dates: Saturday May 13th 9am-3pm, Saturday June 10 9am-3pm, Saturday July 8th 9am-3pm, Saturday August 12th 9am-3pm, Saturday September 9th 9am-3pm, Saturday October 14th 9am-3pm, Saturday November 11th 9am-3pm, Saturday December 9th 9am-3pm
CLICK HERE for enrollment on the Henrico Doctors' Hospital website. Enter "MyBirth" in the search bar for a full list of our classes.